Shari Villasista, LMT NV7526,BSM
Aloha, my name is Shari Villasista and I am from the “Big Island” in the beautiful state of Hawai’i. I am truly honored and blessed to be able to share my skills and knowledge of massage therapy from which I have learned from generations of therapeutic practitioners. It is from a holistic approach that encourages growth and success of my clients to live a happier and healthier lifestyle with a positive outcome in all therapeutic massage sessions received.
Incorporating different techniques and modalities is important in every session to ensure the quality of life for every individual. There are many factors that help determine what modalities should be used during a session which includes, but are not limited to; personal and work environment stressors, injuries, illnesses/diseases, and overall health maintenance.
Modalities I am proficient in include:
- Lomilomi – Long massage strokes that connect all areas of your body so it may work as one and offers your body to communicate with you by reigniting your life force.
- Swedish – Improves circulation of blood and lymph and relaxes superficial muscles.
- Deep Tissue – Focuses on stretching fascia to create freedom of movement by releasing fascia adhesions and chronic muscle contracture.
- Sports/Injury – Focuses on specific areas of the body that are overworked and overstressed.
- Trigger Point Therapy – A technique that involves the application of pressure to tender muscle tissue to relieve pain and dysfunction in different areas of the body.
- Hot Stone Therapy – Warm heated stones are used to ease muscle stiffness, decrease tension and increases circulation.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage – Encourages natural drainage of lymph which carries waste products away from the tissues back towards the heart.
As a Reiki Master, my specialty and passion for energy work sessions include:
- Reiki – Transference of universal energy to encourage emotional and physical well-being by increasing the flow of life energy in a person.
- Chakra Balancing/Clearing – The process of restoring the harmonious flow of energy which translates into a feeling of well-being, relaxation, centeredness, increased vitality and embodiment of oneself.